Snow Birds and KABAM

With spring here, the weather has gotten warmer with only the occasional chilly morning and evening. Soon the temperatures will be up in the mid-90's and the multitude of "snow birds," we affectionately call those who come to spend the winter months here with us, will all be gone.  As a matter of fact, many have already left.

Word among my friends who have small businesses is that it's time to prepare for the fall. The crafters among them have already begun to make new items to sell.  Others who don't create their inventory will probably kick back and enjoy the season to swim, travel or whatever. Me? I continue to market and promote Realmwalkers any way I can.  Thanks to the Internet, I can do it in my air conditioned home. 
And besides, I need to start writing more again.  I am toying with the idea of writing another book. Yes, I know. I told many friends that Realmwalkers was going to be my only book, much like some women who promise that their first baby is going to be their last, I have changed my mind. So sue me.  Time passes and the mind forgets the agony, sleepless nights, moods, hassles, and worry.  Even my husband had to smile when he heard my news. In my defense though, things are going to be very different this time.  First of all, I am going to write this new book alone. 

No collaboration, no illustrations, no book design, and no bookcover and no self publishing this time (unless I decide it's only going to be an ebook). I won't be doing any of those things this time, just writing a manuscript. That's all.  I will continue to do drawings to post in my blog just for fun.

This should make the next book so much easier and painless for me. No, it's not going to be a prequel nor sequel. Yes, it will have a couple of characters you have met in Realmwalkers.  I will still need an editor, but I will worry about that later. First, I want to see if this story I am starting is even worth publishing.  I have at least two more stories inside me and the notebooks in my home wait until I am ready to use them. This will keep me busy in the next few months when the weather will be so hot I will do as all good desert dwellers here do: Swim, nap, stay indoors with the AC and work, BBQ alot in the evenings and go to the movies.

In May, I do have one last event I plan to attend along with another writer friend of mine, Kelley. Kingman is having it's KABAM Book Festival. And we are both registered to have a table there. It's so nice and cool up in Kingman and I look forward to it now that I have a book to sell there this year.  If anyone out there lives in the vicinity, please stop by and say hello!

40139c8b.jpg