Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Legend of Fayre Sea Update

I'm so happy to announce that my first draft of Legend of Fayre Sea is finally done. It took some work to chain myself to my laptop on the last two days of writing, but I did it. It's very rough though and my proofreader and editor have some work to do. Meanwhile, this is the time I begin making my marketing materials and posts. It's also a good time to do artwork for the book including the book's blurb and cover.

If you want to take a peek at the blurb I have come up with, here it is. I welcome any suggestions and comments. There is so much going on in this book, it was very hard to get it all down in an enticing paragraph or two.  I have about 145 words here.

Does this make you want to read the book or do I need to work on this some more?
_________________________________

Lord Dalyn Tilden was preparing to end his life when he was captured and forced to become a pirate. To make matters worse, he must take part in Captain Jeryn’s outrageous plan: to raid the merfolk guardians’ domain and steal the legendary treasure of Goddess Astria. Captain Jeryn convinced Quartermaster Felucia and the rest of his crew his plan wouldn’t fail. During their preparations, Dalyn meets and falls in love with a guardian minstrel named Lyrica Tidalfin. When the mermaid helps Dalyn escape the pirate ship, she loses a special talisman in the Fayre Sea. However impossible the task will be, Dalyn refuses to lose his second chance at love, and goes in search of the key to their future happiness. And while all this takes place a deadly menace secretly spreads throughout the Fayre Sea, one that could take over the whole world. 
_________________________________

Have a great day and keep on writing!