Thursday, November 2, 2017

2017 Fall Book & Craft Events

I hope everyone did well for Halloween. I went to the local "Fright Night" event that takes place here in town. It was crowded, but everyone seemed to be enjoying the cool evening giving and receiving candy. My husband and I went out to dinner and then I milled about the many princesses, zombies, etc... to give out all my candy. It was a good evening and I saw some really creative costumes.

With the holiday season underway, I am getting to work on marketing and creating. This includes some mini-flyers that easily fit in my purse. Promoting your events is important if you want folks to come see you. Online announcements are good. Social media is good, but don't forget to carry flyers on you to pass out at friendly local businesses who don't mind sharing/posting your flyer. Here is what I came up with that is working really well. I get two double-sided flyers that are made from one sheet of 8.5X11 paper. I use MSPublisher to design and make these.


On the back of the flyer are the events I will be attending:

Please note: My book signing at the Book Exchange has been changed to Nov. 18th / 1 - 5PM.

As you may notice, most of these events are fundraisers for local area organizations. I enjoy doing such events so that it helps people in our city i.e. the seniors, students and veterans. Havasu is a patriotic city, and my husband and I are both veterans. We are proud to live here and help out as we can. My books do well at craft fairs too. If you are self-published like I am, there is nothing wrong with you taking your books to sell. Make sure you tell visitors at your table that your books are your creative endeavor that took a lot of work, time and creativity. Show your pride and smile a lot, whether they buy your book or not. Show them you're professional and friendly. I have and some customers come back later to buy simply because you had a good encounter originally.

I hope you find this mini-flyer idea helpful if you are planning to do any events this holiday season. It doesn't cost much to design, print and cut in half so that you can take them with to pass out. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments below or contact me.